Technical support for logging onto web seminars:
Direct Support from Blackboard Collaborate:
- North America, Toll Free: 1 (877) 382-2293
- UK, Toll Free: (0800) 051-7248
- Ireland, Toll Free (1800-64-4528)
- Australia, Toll Free: 1 (800) 26-7338
- International, Non Toll Free: 1 (606) 274-2370
- online support portal
Tips on Participating in a Session
- Find a comfortable place with no distractions.
- Before your first session visit the Blackboard Collaborate Support Center and click on “For First Time Users: Getting Started”.
- Use the Audio Setup Wizard to ensure that the audio is working correctly prior to your session.
- Take the Online Orientation or refer to the Participant Guide for information on all the features prior to your first session. This information and more is available from the Blackboard Collaborate On Demand Center as well as links provided in the column to the right »
- Be sure to join the session 5 – 10 minutes prior to the start.
- Set your Connection Speed to the Internet.
- Use the Audio Setup Wizard to test your microphone and speakers.
- Participate in the session by responding to polls and providing feedback to the moderator.
- Raise your hand when you have a question or a comment.
- Use Chat to send text messages to other participants and the moderator during the session.
- Remember that running other applications on your computer can slow your connection to the session.
Participate from a Mobile Device (iPhone / iPad)
A free mobile app for iOS devices is available that allows you to participate in a session directly from your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad! Students are able to fully interact during the session:
- Join live classes or meetings from iPhone or iPad
- Interact via text chat and two-way audio
- View whiteboard content and shared applications
- Use emoticons, hand raising, polls, breakout rooms
- Connect directly from Blackboard on your mobile device, like Blackboard Mobile Learn